Sunday, August 06, 2006

Talent Deserving of Wider Recognition

mj_ford_taurus
My mother left this rhyme about my car on the Comments in the previous entry. As my loyal 1990 Ford has just transported me to Virginia and back over three days without complaint (and at 30 miles per gallon!), I thought it deserved center stage. (Please overlook the fact that the brontosaurus has been de-existed by scientists.)

The car known as Henry the Taurus
Is strong as an old brontosaurus
He has no AC
So it's hot in the city
But at least it's cool here in the forest.


In other Taurus news, it seems that Henry the Taurus was born in the Year of the Metal Horse. This means that he likes to roam.

I was born in the Year of the Fire Horse. My Berlin adviser has an astrologer friend who told him that us Fire Horse Tauruses:

"Cannot obey a system which other people have shown to work before, and always have to do it our own way. This is why the women are considered unmarriagable."

That explains a lot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry The Taurus for president!
four more years!

Ed Ward said...

I like the way you're getting ready to tan that left arm again in the photo. You should think of getting into competitive tanning, like Zonker.

Marie Javins said...

Momma (of Taurus rhyme fame) didn't raise no fool. That arm is now plastered in oil-free sunscreen every time I drive.