Thursday, August 17, 2006

Scorecard: the Wedding

I'm Best Man in a wedding this weekend. It consists of five six events over three days in Princeton.

Here's what has gone wrong recently:

-the shoes don't fit
-my back is broken out (dress is low-slung sleeveless)
-the dress was too big
-once altered, the dress was too small
-when altered again, tailor ironed dress, and now there are red blotches all over the seams. Currently at cleaners
-cannot locate back-up dress, the one I wore on QE2
-and last, I am not male.

6 comments:

Marie Javins said...

Forgot one: I have to make a speech and am petrified.

Anonymous said...

http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/examples/showall.asp?type=1

http://www.thebestmanspeech.com/

Marie Javins said...

Actually, forget the speech-bots. I have an idea that will be remembered...

Don Hudson said...

I wish I had a chance to read your rant about weddings. You have already been a 'Best Man' at another wedding, so is it getting tougher?

Ed Ward said...

Marie, are you too young to remember the feminist cry that "Sometimes the best man for the job is a woman?"

Marie Javins said...

Not too young at all, but wasn't it "Sometimes the best person for the Best Man job is a..." oh, never mind.